Livingstone Academy’s designated, accredited Prevent Duty Lead is Mrs Jennifer Warr: email@example.com.
The Prevent Duty has two specific strategic objectives to safeguard our students against radicalisation, extremism and any actions or beliefs that are contrary to British values and our Academy ethos.
- Respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism and the threat we face from those who promote it.
- Prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure that they are given appropriate advice and support.
Our Academy opposes all forms of extremism. We define ‘extremism’ as vocal or active opposition to fundamental British values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs.
Livingstone Academy will protect students in line with our Prevent Duty through a multi-agency approach to help identify and provide support to individuals at risk. We will work closely with ‘Channel’ to:
- Identify individuals at risk.
- Assess the nature and extent of that risk.
- Develop the most appropriate support plan for the individuals concerned.
The Academy believes and actively supports the view that all students should be protected from radicalisation and extremism.