How to apply
To apply for a place at a Livingstone Academy, you will need to complete your Local Authority Common Application Form. www.bournemouth.gov.uk/childreneducation/Schools/ApplyingForASchoolPlace.aspx
The closing date for applications is 31 October of the year prior to entry.
When the school is oversubscribed, after the admission of pupils with an Education, Health and Care plan or a Statement of Special Educational Needs naming the school, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in priority order:
- Looked after children and children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to adoption, a child arrangements order, or special guardianship order.
- Children with a sibling already at the Academy (see Note 1)
- Children who currently attend an Aspirations Academy*, currently Jewell Academy Bournemouth. *The philosophy of the Aspirations Academies Trust considers all-through, age 2-19 education to be very effective practice and brings many educational benefits to our young people and their parents. Livingstone Academy Bournemouth works very closely with the staff and pupils at both Jewell Academy Bournemouth and Ocean Academy Poole with many shared staff and joint initiatives in place. The Aspirations Academies Trust publicises to parents of pre-school age the advantages to them of choosing an all-through age education in Bournemouth.
- Children of staff in the following circumstances
- the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage. (School Admissions Code Dec 2014)
- Children who have the shortest distance between home and Livingstone Academy Bournemouth (see Note 2 and 3)
- Other children.
If the Academy is oversubscribed in any of the categories 2, 3, 4 and 5 above, pupils who live closest to the Academy will be given priority. If there are insufficient places to accommodate all applicants and after using all tie break criteria applicants for the final place(s) cannot be split the remaining place(s) will be allocated using a random allocation process. The process will be electronically administered through the IT providers in use at the time. At the time of setting this policy the providers are Synergy.
Where multiple birth siblings (twins and triplets) from the same family are tied for the final place we will admit them all and exceed our PAN
Please see our full admissions policy for further information.