Appeals information relating to a refused application
Parents/carers have the right to appeal a refusal to offer your child a place at Livingstone Academy. Parents/carers wishing to appeal against the Academy’s decision should complete an appeal form stating the reason for the appeal based on the published admissions criteria.
For information and guidance regarding appeals, please visit the BCP school appeals website. Alternatively, call the appeals team at BCP on 01202 118911 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. BCP has also created useful guidance notes and a list of FAQs:
Please note the time frames below for the appeals process is as follows:
|Year Group||Offer Date||Appeals Lodged By||Appeals Hearing Dates|
|Year 7||1 March 2023||30 March 2023||Between 2 May 2023 and 30 June 2023|
|Reception||17 April 2023||19 May 2023||Between 20 June 2023 and 30 July 2023|
- Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or
30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
- You will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of your appeal hearing date. School days do not
include school holidays, inset days, bank holidays or weekends.
- Appeals are heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not normally heard during school
holidays. Where there are multiple appeals for places at the same school, the hearings may go
over a number of days.
- The school’s case will be made available to parents and Panel members at least 5 school days
before the start of the appeal hearing.
- Additional evidence may be submitted up to 5 working days before the hearing.
- Any additional evidence received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing.
- The Appeal Panel must decide whether it should be considered taking into account its
significance and the effect of a possible need to adjourn the hearing
- Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within 5 school days of the
end of the hearing. During busy periods, such as main entry, full decision letters may take
longer than this, so the Clerk will send a brief decision summary email in the interim.
- Appeal hearings for in-year places will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being