This page is designed to provide information about safeguarding for the community, parents and students alike – to help inform and educate everyone in our community.
On this page you will find a list of our designated safeguarding officers as well as general information about safeguarding at Livingstone Academy.
At Livingstone Academy, we are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for children, staff and visitors and promoting a climate where children and adults will feel confident about sharing any concerns they may have about their own safety or the wellbeing of others. The Academy will work with other agencies in its quest to safeguard students.
The Academy is committed to the vital contribution that all stakeholders make to safeguarding children. We aim to ensure that child protection concerns and referrals are handled sensitively, professionally and in ways that support the specific needs of the individual child.
By providing a caring, safe and stimulating environment, which promotes the development of all our students, we aim to foster an atmosphere of trust, respect and security. Thereby enabling every child to reach their potential.
Designated Safeguarding Team at Livingstone Academy
If you have any concerns or worries about anything in your life, you can approach a member of staff at the Academy. The people listed below are the designated safeguarding team who have undertaken advanced training to ensure that you receive the right level and type of support if you share a concern or worry.
|Mrs Warr||Mrs Taylor||Cheryl Belfield|
|Designated Safeguarding Lead/Head of Secondary||Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead/Head of Early Years||Safer Schools Community Team Officer –
For safeguarding concerns about an adult, contact the person mentioned in the diagram below, depending on whom the concern is regarding.
|If the Allegation is about:||Go to:||Contact Details:|
|A student||Mrs Warr: Designated safeguarding email@example.com|
|A staff member||Mrs Warr: Designated safeguarding firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Head of Secondary||Mrs Lancy: Aspirations Academies Trustemail@example.com|
|Executive Director of Learning||Mrs Lancy: Aspirations Academies Trustfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Everyone succeeds and achieves their potential regardless of any personal characteristics. Background does NOT determine outcomes.
- We are all equal all of the time and treat people with the respect they deserve. We are not afraid to make mistakes as we see this as part of our learning journey.
- We aim for our students to leave our academy prepared with both the knowledge and skills for their future; allowing them to become successful and caring citizens, whilst upholding the values that they have learnt through their educational journey with us.
- We are stronger as a team than a group of individuals and can change anything collectively that we put our mind to, whilst also being able to critically reflect on our actions.
- We aim to provide a rounded education that ensures our students grow holistically through developing resilience, tolerance and humanity.
Our safeguarding expectations are very clear. Every person connected with the Academy has a personal responsibility for the highest standards of safeguarding of our students. It does not matter how you are connected to the Academy, as part of our community we all have a responsibility for safeguarding our students. The following groups all have equal responsibility for ensuring the highest standards of safeguarding:
- All Academy staff.
- All Academy students.
- All Academy parents/carers.
- All external agencies that engage with the Academy and young people.
- All members of our local community.
Local Authority Designated Officer
The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) is the person to whom concerns and allegations about adults who work with children in schools are reported to. This is a statutory role and the LADO is contacted when there is an allegation made against a member of staff or volunteer who works in a school.
The BCP LADO contacts are:
Laura Baldwin or John Mclaughlin
The main contact number for the service is 01202 456744.
The secure email for the service is email@example.com.
For more information on BCP Safeguarding Contact Details, please click here.
Safer Schools and Communities Team
To learn about the information sharing partnership between police and schools, visit Operation Encompass.