Offers for secondary school places made.
Welcome packs to be sent to all students offered a place at Livingstone Academy, including:
- Welcome Letter
Transition forms sent to Primary Schools.
Dr Elms, Mrs Warr and Miss Treharne liaise with primary schools and discuss support that some students may require with this process.
Students receive their personalised letter from Dr Elms, Principal.
Parents/carers receive a letter offering finer details on Transition Days in June from Mrs Warr, Head of Secondary.
Parents receive a letter informing parents/carers and students of the School and tutor group their child has been placed in. Students and parents will also be invited to virtual transition events taking place at the end of June and beginning of July.
Virtual welcome quizzes take place on Google Meet, where Year 6 can meet their new peers for the first time and their new tutor in a low-pressure environment!
Year 7 Induction Week
All Year 7s begin their life at Livingstone Academy with a bespoke programme of activities and sessions aimed at promoting positive relationships between students and preparing them for secondary school life, including:
- Workshops developing skills in resilience, extended writing, communication, organisation, self-esteem, building relationships etc.
- School Wide Treasure Hunt – working in groups, students solve puzzles around the school, meeting their teachers along the way and learning their way around Livingstone Academy!
- Team building competitions.
- CAT tests – these provide the school with valuable data to help us cater for each student’s learning needs.
- GL assessments – national, external assessments to enable Livingstone Academy to track and measure the progress, value added areas to develop for each student in English, Maths and Science.
Year 7 Celebration Assembly
One of the best events on the school calendar! We end Year 7 induction week on the Friday with a celebration of the achievements and milestones achieved during their first week at Livingstone Academy, including:
- Awards and certificates for competitions taken part in during Induction Week.
- Special Head of School awards for students who have made an exceptional first impression.
- Performances by some of Livingstone’s finest.
- Aspiration awards for Self-Worth, Engagement and Purpose.